Alice’s Guide to Play Japanese Region-Locked Apps in Android
18/05/2013 1 Comment
I don’t really know if it GENERALLY works though. (refer to Bu-Bu San’s Post in OH), but I have made some Japanese restricted / region locked applications and games were played in my Android. Oh well, just … don’t ask me if it doesn’t really work, since there are actually a lot of ways for you to make your Android works on the games. I don’t really know about mobage though.
I’ve heard some friends of mine can’t play Tokimeki Restaurant because their Google Play Store won’t allow them to download it. So I use this way and it works.
My ways are:
- Download APK Downloader. This is only available for Chrome. Follow the instruction on the link.
- *If you have downloaded the .CRX file (Chrome Extension file) but is not installed yet, type on the address: chrome://extensions and drag your .CRX file to the page.
- Afterward, if you are done with it, you should have seen this on your Google Play page.
- Afterward, click that icon I circled and it will let the app be downloaded to your PC.
- Download AirDroid in your Android. It is a very useful application whether you don’t use it for this purpose or not.
- After you have installed it, connect your PC to your WiFi (with your Android is connected to the same WiFi as well)
- Then, see on your Android (1): It has the IP Address. Type that IP in your Chrome and it’ll look like this (2):
- Afterward, your Android will receive this message:
- Accept it, and your PC will connect with your Android.
- Afterward, see the AirDroid page on your Chrome and click ‘Apps’.
- Then, click ‘Install Apps’.
- Choose your APK that you want to install.
- And it’s done!
Hope that somebody will be helped by this post. Just want to share what I can do as an otome games fans. I’ll try to answer any question if you like to.